Friday, July 06, 2007

Housing Update

I hope you all had a nice holiday. We kept thinking it was Saturday all day on the 4th! Well there was no traffic so we were able to make 4 trips to the new apartment and moved about 70% of our things. That is 8 trips over the Whitestone bridge at $4 a pop but at least it is cheaper than a truck. The owners still had their stuff everywhere so we just piled our things in 2 of the rooms. We actually ran out of boxes on Wed so we had to take a break from moving. On a fun note we noticed there is a vegan bakery down the street from our new house! Don't you love those little confirmations that you made the right decision.

We collected over a dozen more boxes yesterday and packed a bunch more last night. We are pretty much down to essentials now so we decided that if they are done working on the place this Saturday that we will move in a week early and start sleeping there. Of course our furniture won't be coming until the 14th because that is when we have the truck reserved but that is OK. I can live without furniture easier than I can live without stuff (and without being able to cook!). We are borrowing an air mattress from a friend in the meantime. Then next week I can focus on unpacking a bit and also getting the Bronx apartment cleaned up and painted. Did I mention that we have to paint our super cute living room back to white? The landlords didn't like the color brown we chose. How can you not love this?
That is one of the photos we took for our landlord so she could advertise the place. She got over 20 emails the day she posted it on Craig'sList. They are showing the Bronx place to potential renters this weekend so I need to clean it up a bit. When we moved some of our furniture that has been in place for 4.5 years we found huge dust bunnies living in there. I wondered where those things bred! Apparently behind bookcases! On a side note, our landlords would love to find Christian tenants to take our old place. If you know of any trying to relocate to or in the Bronx please let me know.

2 comments:

Diane Howard said...

Show the other pictures that you gave the landlord of your old apartment. Mom

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! so happy for you!!!!!! It's such a big home - and so spacious!!!!!!! Welcome to Queens!