Sunday, December 14, 2008

December 14

11 Days till Christmas and what would I like to see

Studying with modern technology


Now that the majority of party planning, party preparation, and party going is over it was time to get back to reality...it is FINALS week. Today I have been in the house all day studying and taking exams. Education technology has come a long way since I was in collage in the mid-90s. The internet was just taking off and while we had email accounts at the University of Washington they were not used very much. Now my class information, handouts, and even videos of all my lectures are digitally available on Blackboard. My accounting final, which I completed today, was a downloadable take home test that had to but submitted in a digital drop box. A drop box that monitors the amount of time you spend working on it. Modern technology sure makes it easier to be a student in a lot of ways. In addition to my accounting final I have been studying for my economics final, taking practice tests, reviewing lectures on video, and even watching the review session I had to miss because of my required departmental holiday party. So cool. That test is on Tuesday and then I am technically done with school for the semester.

3 comments:

Tiffani P said...

SWEEEEETTTTT!!!!! Congrats on being almost done, Alexis!! I will be praying for you this week. I hope your Christmas is merry, and full of the Joy of Christ!

Anonymous said...

Will pray for you & today's test.

Anonymous said...

Praise God that there will be a little break for you. I am impressed with your studying. You will do better than you think, I'm sure.