Tuesday, December 23, 2008

December 23

2 Days till Christmas and what would I like to see
A gift wrapping frenzy

We made it safely to Seattle despite all the difficult weather around the US. We were so thankful to have a place on the plane since there were 165 standby passengers trying to get on our flight out of Denver. We arrived in Seattle and got home safely. This was the picture from the bedroom window in the morning. They don't handle snow very well here, but that is a whole separate post. We had been shipping gifts directly to Seattle all along so we spent our first morning here sorting and wrapping gifts. Snow outside the window, Christmas music playing on the laptop and me in my Christmas jammies, all made for a nice morning. Then we got a ride over to the Cruikshank house. The ladies went out for a little shopping excursion (I found a couple pairs of shoes), the boys stayed home to shovel the driveway and putter around doing whatever men do to kill time. Then in the evening we all went out to dinner. It was a nice day all around.

A couple other things I wrapped up:

Homemade tissue holders.Love these because they have contrasting pretty fabric inside too that you see when you change out the tissues!

I also ordered a needle felted sculpture for Greg's Aunt of her little pooch Molly. Unfortunately Portland where the artist lives was really snowed in and without power for days so the sculpture had to be shipped express mail and won't be here in time so I wrapped up some photos. (Update: The sculpture arrived on Christmas Eve morning! It is so cute in person and we were able to wrap it up!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

A really cute and thoughtful gift.