Thursday, December 04, 2008

December 4

21 Days till Christmas and what would I like to see
Bead shopping at Toho Shoji

(Blogger is having some difficulty and ate yesterday's post so I am trying again)
Today at lunch I ran up to the bead store to get some findings for some beaded Christmas gifts I am planning. I took along my co-worker Marcela and together we stumbled onto a couple additional bead stores I had never seen before. These stores were even bigger than the others and honestly the shear volume of choices was overwhelming. That being said, I still managed to find lots to buy.Most of this is for Greg's mom for Christmas. As you know she is a jewelry maker from way back. Recently she quit smoking and is making even more jewelry to keep her hands busy. Greg thought it would be nice to send her some beads she might not find at her usual craft store so I stocked up on some nice spacers and glass beads for her to play with.
Then on the way back to work I popped into Laila Rowe to get some jewelry ideas and ended up snagging a couple things that I can't make. A fun way to spend lunch.

0 comments: