17 Days till Christmas and what would I like to see
Homemade coasters under mugs of coffee
I'd like to say I made these coasters for myself in order to test out the pattern for making gifts. I would hate to make a gift for someone and have it turn out wrong. Well in reality I have had these fabrics for a while and just recently thought they would make cool coasters. I read about making simple coasters here and they were really easy. 4.5 x 4.5 inch squares of front material and back material and thin batting. I found batting made of bamboo which was really nice and thin and hopefully absorbent.
For the top fabric you can patch small fabrics together to make the 4.5 x 4.5 square. I used natural linen and wood grain print fabrics.
All seam allowances are 1/4 inch all the way around. Clip the corners, turn right side out and then hand stitch the opening. Iron and they are all done.
Turned out really cute and are even reversible!
Not really good for Christmas but I will put them away until next Month.
0 comments:
Post a Comment