That's right, I finished this puppy this morning. Here are the stats: Back in 2003 I saved all the holiday stamps that came on our Christmas cards because I saw a BH layout that used salvaged stamps and I was inspired to do the same thing. So when I pulled out the Christmas card photos we received in 2003 there was a big old pile of stamps there too. That made my job easy. I used the stamps to make a cute border then cropped the photos to fill the page. Do you see your photo there? If not then you should really think about sending me your picture THIS year so you too can be honored with a spot in the Cruikshank family album. I also used metal photo corners (did you doubt I would use some photo corners?) a vellum tag, rub on letters for the title, and some red ribbon. I actually have 3-4 more Christmas layout to do for this year.To clarify something about my scrapbook progress and goals. When I say I am almost done with this album that means I am almost done scrapbooking the year 2003-2004. I still have 2 years to go after this album is done and this only covers my married life. I have no high school or college pages done. Not sure I will even attempt that since I hope to eventually have kids to scrap and am sure that will take up a great deal of my scrapbooking time. We'll see though. I often dream of doing a quick and simple theme type book of my formative years. My mom did an excellent job of arranging my childhood photos into albums complete with cleaver little sayings and info next to each photo so I feel absolutely no need to re-do any of that. In a perfect world I would like to be able to scrapbook in present time. Meaning I take some photos on Saturday, order prints on Sunday and then make a layout that week. We'll see if that ever happens. I think if I keep up the pace and meet my scrapbooking goal for 2006 I may be caught up into the current year and that would be awesome. But of course my goal isn't to get caught up as much as it is to use up my stash of hoarded supplies! So I must scrap on!
1 comments:
I think it would be fabulous for you to rescrap your childhood. The concept didn't really exist then like it is now. I think the skeleton of it is there with the pertinent info and the order of event. So when you want your books, let me know! Mom
Post a Comment