Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Look What I Made!

I made these altered journals to give to my students on the last day of BSF this year. They were super easy and turned out so adorable. Each one is different and only used 4 sheets of paper (with lots left over). I bought inexpensive composition books for $2 each and attached the paper using a glue stick and lots of rubbing with my bone folder. The composition books are great because the covers aren't glossy so I didn't have to sand them to prepare the surface for gluing. Maybe this would be a good craft club activity! I probably did all 3 in about an hour. The paper flowers are held on with snaps that I put through the cover using my anywhere hole punch. Then I spelled their names in rub-ons and glued them to the cover with photo corners (of course!).

Unfortunately we were told on the Saturday before class that we were not allowed to give the students any gifts on the last night. I suspected BSF might have a "guideline" about that but it wasn't in the manual so I took a chance. I am really sad that I couldn't give them away to the girls. Instead I will be re-gifting them to some lucky ladies once I can pry the names off!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It would be an awesome craft club activity!

Anonymous said...

I 2nd that! This would be great for the craft day session! I love these notebooks! Great job!:)