I really can't believe it myself but I am pleased as punch really. I have struggled for years with finding a way to scrapbook consistently. This system has meant giving up a permanent space in my hallway which hasn't been aesthetically pleasing but has allowed me to save on set-up time so I can get right down to the art of scrapbooking. Another thing that let me meet my goal was working on giving up on my perfectionism just a little so that I don't get as hung up on the whole process.So here it is, the 52nd layout...
A simple layout using cardstock, photo corners (I had been slacking on my photo corner usage), a fabric flower, some buttons, waxed twine, and some things from the September kit including the cute patterned paper, the sequined ribbon, and the metal bar over the flower.I have so many people to thank for this accomplishment. 1st I should thank Becky Higgins for her "1 Sketch Many Looks" columns and books. I use them all the time for photo placement (or just to outright scraplift). 2nd my dear husband Greg for putting up with this hobby of mine and the hoards of stuff I have accumulated over the years. 3rd all my blog readers, especially my mom who have been so encouraging and also motivated me to get my layouts done so I would have SOMETHING to post each week. :)
Greg has always asked me if I was going to keep scrapping after I reached my goal or if I would take break for a while. Well here is the answer....
Here is layout 53. If is a work in progress but proof that I will keep at it. I still would like to get caught up on my post-marriage scrapbooking while I have the time and energy.
2 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! YOU DID IT!!!!! woohoo!!! :)
Wonderful! It feels good to accomplish a goal. Now you have to set a new one. Can your goal rub off on me so I can get restarted and moving on the family album??!*?
Post a Comment