I used patterned paper and cardstock from the last kit I got in Sept. The plastic letters ("years") were from heidi swapp which I painted black (they came clear). The newspaper flower came in the last kit too but I changed out the button center from brown to black and added some waxed twine (which I curled) and hung the "4" tag off of that with a little green ribbon. Then I stapled the dates on the bottom right and whala, done. Here is a look at the detail in the corner. 
The next layout features my new years resolution for 2005. I resolved to learn something new that year and taught myself to knit. The layout explains the story and shows just a few of my knitting projects. I also threw in a couple cake decorating photos since it was a craft layout and I took cake decorating classes with Alice that year too.
This layout features patterned paper and flowers from past kits. I used some buttons my mom gave me when she was visiting for the flower centers. A few letter stickers, some paint around the edges and it was done. I was really struggling with where to put the title and eventually just stuck it down (JUST DO IT!!). I think it is funny becuase the focal photo is a headless me knitting and now it looks like my head is the title block!
I took these photos outside on my deck this morning and boy do they look so much nicer than the ones I take in the house!
3 comments:
Which kind of album did you decide to use?
Scrapbook pages & knitting looks great!
Oh, I remember that lovely cake! :) Girl, you're multi-talented!
Post a Comment