Thursday, December 18, 2008

December 18

7 Days till Christmas and what would I like to see
Another post on crafts? Oh Geez!

Sorry, I can't help it. I have been whipping up little quick and easy gifts for the past few nights and finished some tonight to hand out to my co-workers. I know I have already expressed my love for covered buttons but I can't tell you have easy and cute they turn out for very little cost or effort. I created these for the ladies in the lab:The big buttons are 1.5 inches and have hair elastics attached for ponytails. The smaller buttons are 7/8 inch and glued onto hair clips. There are also a few 1/2 inch buttons on bobby pins. These are my favorites. I just attached everything to a tag and tied it with ribbon for a super easy presentation. I slipped them into wax paper bags with a few other goodies I didn't make and will hand them out tomorrow at lunch. Man I love fabrics right now too! I think it is because they are like scrapbook papers in that they come in so many luscious patterns. In fact most of these fabric designers are making lines of paper the same as their fabrics.In addition to covered button projects, jewelry making comes in really handy for whipping up gifts too. I made these earrings for a friend at work in under 5 minutes. Little flower drops, too cute!And this little guy will hopefully be finished tonight for my nephew. He still needs wings, arms, ears, and eyes.More on him later!

2 comments:

peh said...

Those are so adorable! Your co-workers are so fortunate to have such a talented and generous friend. (I really missed out when I missed that last craft club!)

Anonymous said...

Sweet!!!