22 Days till Christmas and what would I like to see
Lighting that’s a little less tacky
Living in New York City provides a unique opportunity to love thy neighbor. Apartment living is certainly not unique to this city but it is utilized a lot more than in other parts of the country. Living in such close proximity to other people has lots of unique challenges and the holidays are no exception.
This showed up on the front of our house a couple nights ago. The kids in the basement were really proud of themselves with this display. Unfortunately I hate it. Not only does it cover one of my windows and detract from my simple and tasteful lights in the window, but during the day you can see that there is a bright orange extension cord running up the side of our white house to power this sneeze of lights and twine holding it onto the railing. I am trying really hard to be OK with it and accept that not everyone has the same ideas of how to decorate. I guess I am mostly upset that it is a communal area but they didn't ask us what we thought of it until after it was secured in place. I would have suggested lighting the railing or something instead had I been given the chance. And I probably would have offered to pitch in for some garland or bows or something. Oh well. I am trying not to be a big scrooge!
1 comments:
Well when you consider how dismal it is to live in a basement, I guess it's understandable how the gauch might appeal to them. It looks like they have to walk under the cascade of lights and I bet they are inspired and uplifted to do that. Next year, you'll have to beat them to the punch and organize a communal project that can appeal to all. I'm proud of your effort.
Post a Comment