Friday, December 05, 2008

December 5

20 Days till Christmas and what would I like to see

A handmade gift for co-worker Marci


Her name is Marcela but that wouldn't rhyme. We do a Secret Santa game every year at work the week before Christmas. Marcela is going to be gone and she was really bummed so the ladies are going to stuff her stocking next week instead. I got Monday so I put together this fun little card holder this morning before work. It is for business cards but it is actually perfect for a note card, gift cards, even ID cards if you want to use it as a wallet. The free pattern by Amy Butler can be found here. I have made several of these for Christmas gifts but had to really change the pattern. I didn't like the bulk of it the way it was written so I changed the interfacing used, moved some seams, and added a button closure instead of Velcro. Notice the cute covered button! Love that! Inside this holder I slipped a note card and some jewelry findings that Marcela had eyed at the store on Thursday but decided she didn't have them in her budget to buy. I am in love with fabric right now and these fabrics from Heather Bailey were so luscious I had to use them. Sorry these last 2 photos wouldn't rotate for some reason.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice!!!

Anonymous said...

CUTE!