Saturday, October 11, 2008

October 11

I am settled in at home taking a break from reading articles for class and thought I would post about today's adventure up to Columbia University where my friend Alice lives to attend Craft Club. Connie and Sandy were kind enough to teach of how to make covered buttons. The kit included parts to turn our covered buttons into magnets, push pins, and magnets. So cute! So easy to make. Put a fabric circle over the mold. Drop a metal form into the mold. Push the excess fabric into the form and use the other part of the mold to push the backing on. Presto! Add a magnet, hair tie, or pin back. Love these and can't wait to make more! Thanks to Alice for hosting, thanks to Sandy and Connie for walking us through the lessons and Happy Birthday to Connie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute! Great job! Can't wait to see a pic of your push pins displayed on your cubicle wall! Thanks for coming and making craft club special!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a cute idea. I remember making covered buttons on the jacket I made in 9th grade home ec class. Everything old is new again....