

I made these for my cubicle at work and I love love love them. They make me so happy. They put my old plastic push pins to shame and it was a pleasure pulling the old ones all out and tossing them. These lovelies will now hold up all future papers I may have. Then because I am completely insane I whipped this up this morning before work.

A matching lumbar pillow! Yes, I had to leave the house with wet hair and no make-up but I finished it quickly this morning using recycled and upcycled materials. The fabric is of course remnants from the roman shade in the office (and the same material in the push pins) and the pillow is stuffed with down and feathers from a recently retired bed pillow that was a little too flat for Greg's use. I actually ran the down bedroom pillow through my machine to seal some of the down to one side, cut it off then slipped it into my pillow form. Unfortunately I couldn't seal off the other side of the pillow and the down started to whaft out and got all over me! Now I have a bag filled with a cut open pillow and tufts of down that I have to deal with. Very messy, but what do you expect when you decide on a whim to make a pillow before work! Anyway, I love it too. It would be perfect with a couple coordinated fabric covered buttons to tuft it a little but I don't want any hard items on it since it is supposed to be for lumbar support. OK, time for bed, I had better be getting home.
2 comments:
Simply adorable! :) Great job - you transformed a regular cubicle into a fashionable one! I was waiting for this blog post and it made my day :)
Very cute!! I do projects in a time cruch, too. Looks like the shift in our classes may not happen as quickly as we had hoped. Ugh!! Please, Lord, don't let it take too long. Love Mom
Post a Comment